Mechanical Assembler II (Finisher)
Title: Mechanical Assembler ll (Finisher)
Department: Mechanical Assembly
Reports to: Mechanical Assembly Coordinator
Effective Date: January 2018
Primary Objective: Supports production operations by building machines from start to finish with little or no assistance while meeting or exceeding standards for quality, productivity and safety. This position typically works under minimal supervision and performs task of moderate difficulty.
Key Job Duties: Key Job Duties:
- Able to perform all job duties of Mechanical Assembler I without supervision.
- Assists in inspection and testing phases of completed equipment.
- Modifies, fabricates and/or redesigns parts as needed using appropriate resources.
- Verifies proper alignment and tolerance of all parts.
- Performs quality control checks.
- Maintains and updates machine documentation.
- Tests/debugs, disassembles and reassembles completed machines, completing final machine check-off documentation.
- Sketches parts and updates prints as required.
- Knows proper material used for part fabrication.
- Performs machining duties if required.
- Travels as needed to install new equipment or service equipment at customer sites.
- Understands lock/tag out safety procedures.
- Performs customer acceptance tasks.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed
Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally an in written form. Genuinely listens, comprehends and provides timely responses to questions/concerns. Keeps others adequately informed. Emulates and communicates Massman’s values of Honesty, Integrity and Pride.
Dependability: Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Commits to doing the best job possible. Takes responsibility for own actions. Follows verbal and written instructions. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Keeps commitments.
Attitude/Cooperation: Displays enthusiastic outlook, pleasant manner and has positive effect on the morale of others. Establishes and maintains effective relationships. Exhibits tact, consideration and cooperation. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works to resolve conflicts.
Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills/knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn, solve problems and apply new skills. Requires minimal supervision. Seeks help when needed. Keeps abreast of current developments. Uses resources effectively.
Quality: Exhibits high standards of workmanship/performance. Final output is neat and professional in appearance. Errors/rework are rare. Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve/promote quality and reduce costs.
Quantity: Achieves established goals and/or other job expectations in a timely manner. Takes initiative to get things done. Exhibits good time management skills and strives to increase productivity. Keeps non-billable time to a minimum.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
High School Diploma or GED required
Technical Degree in Machine Tool Technology or related field preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and machine tool operations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continuous improvement processes preferred
Experience and/or Other Requirements:
2-4 years experience in a related position preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds