Palletizing Equipment and Systems
Massman can design, build, and install a complete end-of-line system tailored to your specific application. We have been providing complete packaging solutions to a wide variety of industries for more than 40 years.
Massman Automation offers a small footprint, low-cost gantry palletizing solution, a high-entry palletizing solution, and robotic palletizing solutions capable of handling multiple conveyor lines.
What Is Palletizing?
Palletizing is the act of placing products, goods, or materials on a pallet for storage or shipment in a logistical supply chain. The product is stacked by weight and volume in a pattern that maximizes the number of items on the pallet and ensures that the load is stable and the goods will not shift or topple into one another. Though palletizing was initially accomplished manually, the growing popularity of palletizing equipment has resulted in a preference for automation.
Case palletizing equipment automatically sorts, transfers, and stacks cases of products or goods onto pallets, typically at the end of a manufacturing line. With these palletizing systems, users can facilitate high-volume shipping quickly, precisely, and conveniently while transporting larger loads.
Automated palletizing solutions were developed to minimize worker injury and speed up production processes, resulting in the row-formed machine, which placed pallet products in neat rows. Today, modern palletizing machines feature advanced technologies like robotics and computers, and they can manage items that are difficult to palletize by hand, such as bottles.
Palletizing Equipment and Systems Through Massman
When you come to Massman for reliable palletizing systems, you’ll have access to all of the following equipment options:
- Robotic palletizing: This palletizing solution can grab multiple cases at once using mechanical or vacuum end-of-arm tooling (EOAT) to build the intended pallet pattern. It can handle numerous packaging lines with various stock keeping units (SKUs).
- High-entry palletizer: Our high-energy palletizers accept a case, rotate it for optimal label viewing, and generate rows to achieve the desired tier pattern. They then insert a sheet layer and lower the pallet for the next tier, repeating the process until the pallet is complete.
- Gantry palletizer: Like robotic palletizing systems, the gantry palletizer can pick up numerous cases with vacuum or mechanical EOAT. They feature X, Y, and Z servo axes that place the layer pattern in the proper orientation for the desired pallet arrangement.
The Advantages of Palletizing Automation
Palletization has had a direct impact on material handling improvement, making the process faster and more efficient than ever. When you automate your processes using case palletizing equipment in your facility, you’ll experience several benefits:
- Fewer damages: Because palletizing robots can perform more accurately and precisely than manual workers, they minimize the risk of product damage due to drops. Automated equipment won’t rush, get distracted, or misinterpret SKUs, leading to fewer mistakes.
- On-time production: Automated palletizing solutions are significantly faster than people and have a much more predictable output. You know exactly how many cycles the machine can run per minute, and you won’t have to account for breaks like you would with human beings.
- Improved safety: Workplace injuries typically result from repetitive motion, heavy lifting, and manual stacking and unstacking. Palletizing systems eliminate the risk of damage by replacing workers in hazardous situations.
- Fast turnaround: Palletizing equipment streamlines the loading and unloading process, resulting in greater transport efficiency and faster turnarounds.
Interested in Working With Massman?
You can secure top-of-the-line palletizing equipment that sets the standard for innovation and user-friendly operation at Massman. We’ve spent over four decades creating standard and custom palletizing solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and technologies needed to modify and adapt our designs to your individualized application needs.
Get started with our palletizing machines by requesting a consultation or giving us a call at 320-554-3611 today!