Mechanical Assembler III
Primary Objective: Supports production operations by performing all operations in the machine build, troubleshooting, maintenance processes while meeting or exceeding standards of quality, productivity and safety. Performs machine installation, repair and runoff at customer sites. This position works under minimal supervision and performs tasks that are moderately difficult to difficult in nature.
Key Job Duties:
- Able to perform all job duties of Mechanical Assembler II without supervision.
- Performs highly diversified work involving adjusting, timing, fitting and aligning close tolerance and strict inspection standards.
- Has a working knowledge of program functionality; downloads programs with engineering assistance.
- Identifies, inspects and resolves components that are out of specification.
- Works within established guidelines of Engineering print process and suggests design modifications if applicable.
- Troubleshoots all machine functions.
- Leads final calibration, run off and debugging on multiple machines.
- Facilitates and communicates necessary documentation changes.
- Leads preventative and corrective maintenance duties.
- Recommends/makes improvements to maximize production methods.
- Interacts with departments to accomplish tasks related to project completion and shipment (manuals, videos, skidding, etc.).
- Assists in the quoting process as required.
- Assists in directing work of others and training personnel in skilled operations and procedures.
- Leads projects and people, coordinating and overseeing work flow within project team and between departments, ensuring customer orders are processed in quality and timely fashion.
- Performs machine installation, repair and runoff at customer sites.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Technical Degree in Machine Tool Technology or related field preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and machine tool operations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continuous improvement processes preferred
Experience and/or Other Requirements
- 4-6 years experience in a related position preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds