Mechanical Assembler II
Primary Objective: Supports production operations by building machines from start to finish with little or no assistance while meeting or exceeding standards for quality, productivity and safety. This position typically works under minimal supervision and performs task of moderate difficulty.
Key Job Duties:
- Able to perform all job duties of Mechanical Assembler I without supervision.
- Assists in inspection and testing phases of completed equipment.
- Modifies, fabricates and/or redesigns parts as needed using appropriate resources.
- Verifies proper alignment and tolerance of all parts.
- Performs quality control checks.
- Maintains and updates machine documentation.
- Tests/debugs, disassembles and reassembles completed machines, completing final machine check-off documentation.
- Sketches parts and updates prints as required.
- Knows proper material used for part fabrication.
- Performs machining duties if required.
- Travels as needed to install new equipment or service equipment at customer sites.
- Understands lock/tag out safety procedures.
- Performs customer acceptance tasks.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Technical Degree in Machine Tool Technology or related field preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and machine tool operations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continuous improvement processes preferred
Experience and/or Other Requirements
- 2-4 years experience in a related position preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds