Customer Service Representative
- Title: Customer Service Representative
- Department: Service/Aftermarket
- Reports To: Service/Aftermarket Manager
- Effective Date: January 2018
Supports the Service Department by contacting current customers and meeting their expectations for parts and service. This position typically works with little or no assistance and supervision.
Key Job Duties
- Develops relationships with customers to effectively promote and sell aftermarket parts and ensures all equipment issues are addressed.
- Provides accurate quotes to customers, receives and processes purchase orders.
- Quotes and executes qualification visits to customer sites.
- Works with Engineering/Applications to provide accurate quotes.
- Creates and provides customer spare parts list.
- Tracks customer requests back to a print.
- Oversees order fulfillment.
- Serves as main contact for spare parts.
- Updates pricing of parts.
- Travels to customer sites if needed.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed.
- Communications and Interpersonal Skills: Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. Genuinely listens, comprehends and provides timely responses to questions/concerns. Keeps others adequately informed. Emulates and communicates Massman’s values of Honesty, Integrity and Pride.
- Sales Skills: Achieves sales goals. Applies products and market knowledge to client needs. Initiates new contacts and qualifies potential customers. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence. Builds rapport, establishes trust and maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains good records, promptly submits sales information and keeps management abreast of issues.
- Customer Service: Understands the customer service applies to internal and external customers. Adheres to high standards of customer service. Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Monitors customer satisfaction. Trains and supports others in the delivery of quality customer service.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Displays enthusiastic outlook, pleasant manner and has positive effect on the morale of others. Establishes and maintains effective relationships. Exhibits tact, consideration and cooperation. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works to resolve conflicts.
- Initiative/Achievement: Seeks increased responsibilities. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Takes independent actions to achieve goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Seek self-development activities. Volunteers readily.
- Planning and Organization: Displays good organization skills. Effectively priorities and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
High School Diploma or GED required/2 Year Associate Degree Preferred
- Good Computer Skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continued improvement processes preferred
Experience and/or Other Requirements:
- 2 – 4 years packaging-related experience preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to move or lift 25 pounds