Massman Automation is an industry leader in pleated filter assembly solutions and offers a range of fully automatic and semi-automatic packaging machines. When you partner with Massman, you’ll receive high-quality and efficient service that keeps costs low and maximizes your productivity. For more than 40 years, we’ve taken on even the most challenging and sophisticated packaging equipment obstacles. That commitment gives us the expertise we need to provide our customers with durable and efficient solutions.
Today, Massman designs and creates forming cartridge assembly machines, hot melt adhesive steamers, ultrasonic weld steamers, metal clippers, assembly machines, and more filter assembly automation solutions.
Filter Automation Products and Applications
Massman offers an extensive array of filter assembly equipment with varying degrees of automation. We use hot melt adhesives, metal clips, and ultrasonic welding to connect the filter to the medium. Our machines assemble the entire filter cartridge, from the tube center to the end caps and housing. These solutions include:
- Forming cartridge assembly machine — former: Increases cartridge production efficiency, reduces manufacturing costs, and improves production flexibility
- MCAM Series H hot melt adhesive seamer: Provides effective semi-automated pleated filters, forming with a melt rate between 5 ppm and 30 ppm
- MCAM Series U ultrasonic weld — seamer: Joins the pleated material into a cylindrical filter shape at speeds of 5 ppm to 30 ppm
- MCAM Series C metal clipper: Forms the filter’s pleated material into a cylindrical shape as fast as 30 ppm
- High-speed robotic vision and assembly system with an end-of-arm tool (EOAT): Quickly and accurately picks bulk part-fed components and works with vision systems
- High-speed robotic vision and assembly systems with magnetic EOAT: Uses a high-speed magnetic EOAT to pick up and place bulk-fed components
- High-speed robotic vision and assembly system with a gripper EOAT: Accurately places bulk-fed components using a gripper EOAT
- Automatic cartridge assembly machinery seamers: Joins the pleated material into its cylindrical shape at 30 ppm
- End cap assembly machine: Automates the filter assembly process with quick changeover and vast size capabilities.
- End of cartridge assembly machine — potted: Automates filter assembly using potting options such as disk adhesives, hot melt, plastisol, and epoxies.
- End of cartridge assembly machine — embedder: Uses re-melt plastic with any heating method to embed the filter to the end cap.
- End of cartridge assembly machine — ultrasonic weld: Ultrasonically welds the filter to the end cap.
- ACAM series U ultrasonic weld — seamer: Uses ultrasonic welding to join the pleated media at rates of 30 parts-per-minute.
- Timing gate: Available with a clutch/brake system, servo-driven system, or air cylinder drive.
Benefits of Filter Automation
At Massman, we develop filter assembly automation solutions that are:
- Flexible: Massman automation filter equipment is easy to change over, and if your business’s needs change, we’ll retrofit your equipment to meet your new production size and speed.
- Reliable and efficient: Our durable and robust packaging machinery will last for years to come and save you money in the long run.
- Low total cost: The increased efficiency and productivity from automation make our equipment filters a valuable investment.
Interested in Working With Massman?
Massman rises to even the most sophisticated and challenging packaging equipment designs. Are you or your company interested in working with Massman Automation to develop the ideal packaging machinery for your applications? Call us at 320-554-3611 or request a consultation today!
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Find other custom packaging solutions from our other companies.
Shrink packaging equipment for a wide variety of industries including pet food, dairy, personal care, food/beverage, contract packaging and rolled product.
Fully and semi-automatic liquid filling systems allowing for true "Pipe to Pallet" packaging operations. Serving the paint/coatings, chemical, lubricant and food industries.